Gln / Q
Glutamine is an amino acid with an amino group (-NH2) on its side chain, which gives it hydrophilic properties. In solution, this amino acid is positively charged. Glutamine is called "dibasic" because it has one carboxyl group and two amine groups.
The human body is capable of synthesising this amino acid. It is therefore described as "non-essential". It is nevertheless important for health because glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body and plays a key role in protein synthesis.
Glutamine is present in the diet, particularly in legumes, meat, dairy products, cereals and fish.
Used in sports, it contributes to the development of muscle tissue by promoting protein synthesis.
Glutamine is also the precursor of GABA, a neurotransmitter that inhibits the central nervous system.
This amino acid is preferentially used by enterocytes (cells of the intestinal epithelium). A glutamine deficiency can therefore be responsible for intestinal hyper permeability. The intestine is then no longer watertight, the mucous membrane no longer fullfils its role and allows bacteria, toxins and pro-inflammatory molecules responsible for allergies and chronic irritable bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn's disease, to pass through.
- Glutamine is an amino acid that participates in normal protein synthesis.
- In combination with creatine, glutamine contributes to the improvement of physical capacities during intense efforts.
- In addition, this amino acid is a precursor of GABA, a neuro-mediator of the central nervous system.
- Used by enterocytes, glutamine provides nutritional support in the event of intestinal hyper permeability, an alteration likely to appear in particular in cases of dysfunction and/or pathologies of the intestinal mucous membrane such as IBD (chronic inflammatory bowel disease) and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
- To find out more about GABA, click here.
Our products based on Glutamine
PhysiomancePerméa+ with microbiota
- 20 +
- 20 +
PhysiomancePerméa+ without microbiota
- 20 +
PhysiomanceNutristim with zinc
PhysiomanceGlutamineAs low as 26.00€In stock
PhysiomanceNutristim without zinc