Back to school: boost your immune defences and those of your loved ones!
Our immune system constantly protects us from the viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites that surround us. When our immunity is failing, we are more vulnerable and consequently diseases can be triggered (colds, tonsillitis, gastroenteritis…). To overcome autumn and prepare well for winter, strengthen your immune system and that of those around you now !
The intestine is the first organ of defense
Thanks to its flora made up of 100,000 billion "good" bacteria, the intestine is the body's first defence organ, because it prevents the implantation of dangerous bacteria. The intestinal flora also helps to tolerate and digest food well. When the flora is unbalanced by taking antibiotics, a bad diet or following gastroenteritis, the entire immune system is failing. The consumption of microbiota strains makes it possible to fight against these disturbing factors and thus protect the intestinal flora and our health capital.
Association of vitamins A, B6, B9, B12, C, D, zinc, selenium !
- Vitamin D plays a major role in the immune system by activating T lymphocytes, the body's defence cells. However, 80% of the French population lacks vitamin D11.
- Vitamin C, on the other hand, stimulates the immune system by increasing the production of T lymphocytes
- Vitamins B6, B9, B12 and selenium are involved in the functioning of the immune system.
- Finally, zinc is the most important mineral for anti-infection defences. It is particularly necessary for the production of our antibodies and our white blood cells, our two main defenders.
1. Vitamin D status of the adult population in France. National Health Nutrition Study (ENNS 2006-2007) M. Vernay et al., BEH of 04/24/12