Who is the LIGNAFORM method for ?
Slimming & Weight Loss
What are the main indications for following the LIGNAFORM method ?
A/Overweight, obesity :
We speak of obesity when the BMI is greater than 30. Overweight is determined by an BMI of between 25 and 29.
The BMI. or the Body Mass Index is calculated using the following formula :
BMI = weight (in Kg) / height (in meter)
BMI varies depending on age, sex, genetic factors, living conditions, eating habits ...
Complications linked to overweight (joint pain, respiratory or cardiovascular disorders, etc.)
Obesity is a risk factor for the following diseases :
- Cardiovascular (stroke, myocardial infarction, hypertension) ;
- Endocrine (polycystic ovary syndrome, type 2 diabetes) ;
- Metabolic (dyslipidemia, hyperuricaemia) ;
- Osteo-articular (osteoarthritis, back pain) ;
- Digestive (gastric reflux, lithiasis, hepatic steatosis) ;
- Respiratory (sleep apnea ...) ;
- Pre-interventions (increased risk of intraoperative death) ;
- Cancers (especially cancer of the prostate, colorectal, ovarian, breast ...) ;
- Psychosocial (depression, discomfort, complex, withdrawal into oneself) ;
- Chronic venous insufficiency.
B/ Aesthetic request :
- Weight gain linked to smoking cessation, menopause or the period following pregnancy ;
- Type 2 diabetes ;
- Patient who has already tried other diets in vain ;
- Pre-operation: when the patient needs to lose weight before an operation ;
- Post-pregnancy: but only post-breastfeeding ;
- Aesthetic reasons: weight loss, fight against cellulite ...
The LIGNAFORM protein diet method must be prescribed and supervised by a doctor or a dietitian / dietician who can alone assess the indications and contraindications.
He or she will guide you through each phase of the method and prescribe specific supplements.
During your first consultation, your doctor or dietitian trained in the LIGNAFORM method carries out a check-up to make sure that you have no medical contraindication to monitoring the method.
Once this assessment has been made, he or she will determine with you :
- The number of pounds to lose ;
- The different phases of your program and their duration ;
- The number of protein preparations to consume per day to reach your goal ;
- The supplementation necessary to prevent nutritional deficits.
He / She will then give you a Certificate of Non Contraindication (C.N.C.I) which will allow you to order the number of LIGNAFORM preparations necessary to follow your program.
- Hepatitis or renal failure (serum creatinine > 1.5 mg / dl) ;
- Cardiovascular illnesses ;
- Recent myocardial infarction, recent stroke (within 9 months) ;
- Heart failure.
- Severe psychological problems ;
- Blood diseases and neoplasms ;
- Patients suffering from severe eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia ...) ;
- Pregnant and lactating women.
Other relative contraindications
- Type 1 diabetes ;
- Kidney stones ;
- Gallstones ;
- Children and young adolescents ;
- Children and young adolescents.